Department of Law
Adjunct Researcher Bangladesh Institute of Legal Development (BiLD)
- (Fellow) in Rajshahi University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Research Title: Administration and Management of Khas Land in Bangladesh: Law and Practice
- LLM, Rajshahi University : 2000-2001
- LLB, (Honors) Rajshahi University : 1997-2000
- HSC, Social Science, Rajshahi Board : 1995-1996
- SSC, Humanities, Rajshahi Board : 1993-1994
- Serving as Assistant Professor in the Department of Law, Prime University
- Served as Senior Lecturer in Department of Law, Prime University
- Served as Lecturer in Department of Law, Prime University
- Served as Assistant Proctor, Prime University
- Served as Exam Secretary for different programs, department of law
- Served as Coordinator for different programs, department of law
Research & Publications:
Research Project (ongoing):
- Backlog of Case: A Violent Challenge to the Rule of Law in Bangladesh, Under the Research Project of the Centre for Research and Publication, Prime University, Dhaka (2019-2020), (Project Director)
Research Project (Report Submitted):
- Child Killing by Mother and its Causes, Impacts and Remedies: Bangladesh Perspective, Under the Research Project of the Centre for Research and Publication, Prime University, Dhaka (2017-2018), (Project Director).
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Child Killing by Mother and its Causes, Impacts and Remedies: Bangladesh Perspective, Prime University Journal, 12, No-2, ISSN 1995-5332.
- Vested Property and the Right of Inheritance in Bangladesh: A Critical Analysis, Prime University Journal, Volume-, ISSN 1995-5332.
- The Role of the Judiciary in Upholding the Rule of Law in Bangladesh, Bangladesh Institute of Legal Development, III, Issue II, Oct. 2018 ISSN 2518-6523.
- Linking Graduate Employability, Economic Development and Good Governance: Bangladesh Perspective, Prime University Journal, Volume-11, Number-1, January-June 2017, ISSN 1995-5332.
- Hartal and Democracy in Bangladesh: A Critical Analysis, Jahangir nagar Journal of Administrative Studies, 9, June 2016, ISSN 2311-3812.
- Thoughts on Good Governance: Bangladesh Perspective, Manarat International University Studies, 04, No. 01, issue-4, Jan-June 2015, ISSN 1815-6754.
- Child Kidnapping with the Intention of Demanding Ransom: A Study in Bangladesh Perspective, Prime University Journal, Volume-9, Number-2, July-December 2015,ISSN 1995-5332.
- The Role of the Legislature in Upholding the Rule of Law in Bangladesh, Prime University Journal, Volume-8, Number-2, July-December 2014,ISSN 1995-5332.
- The Rule of Law and Reality: Bangladesh Perspective, Prime University Journal, Volume-8, Number-1, January-June 2014, ISSN 1995-5332.
Book Chapters (In Press):
- The Role of Civil Society in Democratic Consolidation Process in Bangladesh, Book Name: Civil society Organization and Social Welfare in South Asia, Editors: Prof Cheng Shengli (China), Rajendra Baikady (India), Dr. Basavaraj M (India) and Dr. Md Nurul Momen (Bangladesh).
- Child Protection in Law and in Practice: A Review from Bangladesh Perspective, Book Name: Social Welfare Policies and Programs in South Asia, Editors: Prof. Harushiko Sakaguchi (Japan), Rajendra Baikady (India), Prof. Cheng Shengli (China), Dr. Channaveer R.M (India).
Entries (In Press):
- Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), Section: Poverty and Economic Security, The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Global Security Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, 2018, (Editor: Amparo Pamela Fabe).
- Mass Atrocities, Section: Conflict and Security (Taylor & Francis), The Homeland Security Handbook, Palgrave Macmillan, 2018, (Editors: Olajide O Akanji , John M Callahan).
- Third World, Section: Poverty and Economic Security (Taylor & Francis),The Homeland Security Handbook, Palgrave Macmillan, 2018, (Editor: Amparo Pamela Fabe).
- Financial Socialization, Section: Aging and Financial Well-Being Encyclopedia of Gerontology and Population Aging (Editor: Andrzej Klimczuk).
Journal Articles (in press):
- Need for Integrated Marine Environment Policy in Bangladesh: Analysis of Existing Laws and Recommendations, Manarat International University Studies, ISSN 1815-6754.
- Dissenting Judgment of Justice Radhabinod Pal in the Tokyo Trials and its Impact on International Criminal Law (ICL), Prime University Journal, Volume-12, No-2, ISSN 1995-5332 (Joint Author).
Journal Articles (under review):
- Exploring the Relationship between Democracy and Political Instability in Bangladesh
- Democratic Consolidation in the Context of Bangladesh: An Analysis
Abstract Accepted for International Seminars and Conferences:
- “The Relationship of Political Stability, Good Governance and Economic Development: An Assessment from Nepal Experience” for National Seminar on Anthropology of Nepal: Issues, Trends and Discourses, February 16-17, 2018, Prithivi Narayan Campus, Pokhara, Nepal.
- “The Need for Attention to Human Rights in the Context of Land Rights of Aboriginal in Bangladesh”in the In-search 2017: 4th International Integrative Research Conference, held on 18-19 December at Bangladesh Academy for Rural Development (BARD), Comilla, Bangladesh.
- “Land Rights of the Indigenous People and Sustainable Development Goal: Bangladesh Approach” for the International Conference on “The Politics of Difference: (Re) Locating Subalternity/Marginality” in Assam University, Diphu Campus during 22-23, September, 2017.
- “Land Rights of the Indigenous People in Bangladesh and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)” Submitted for PRC-bd & NAPSIPAG International Conference on “Sustainable Development Goals”to be held at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Participated in National/International Seminars, Workshops & Conferences:
- Two days long International Conference on ‘Governance and Development: Asian Perspective’ at Rajshahi University, Bangladesh, 2017.
- Three days long International Residential Workshop on ‘Researching and Teaching International Law in the Third World’, at Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh, 2017.
- Seminar on ‘The Role of Police and L
awyers in Criminal Justice System in Bangladesh’ at Mirpur Police Staff College, Mirpur, Dhaka.
- Seminar conducted on ‘Administration and Management of Khas Land in Bangladesh: Law and Practice’ at Department of Law, Rajshahi University, 2017
Paper Presented in International Conference/Workshops:
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Thoughts on Good Governance: Bangladesh Perspective’ in an International Conference on “Governance and Development: Asian Perspective” organized by the Department of Public Administration, Rajshahi University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. January 28-29, 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘The Need for an Integrated Marine Environment Policy in Bangladesh: An Explanation’ in a Residential Workshop on “Researching and Teaching International Law in the Third World”, jointly organized by Department of Law and Justice, Jahangirnagar University and School of Law, Birmingham University of the UK, 27-29 July, 2017.
- Certificate Course on Teaching for Active Learning (TAL) organized by Foundation for Teaching Learning and Research, Green University Centre of Excellence for Teaching and Learning, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017
- Certificate Course on Curriculum Design and Review Process, organized by UGC, Bangladesh at Prime University, 2017
- Training course on Teachers for Tomorrow conducted by HRD and Publication, Prime University, Bangladesh
- Training course on Research Methodology conducted by HRD and Publication, Prime University, Bangladesh
- Training course on Bar Vocational Course (BVC) conducted by the Legal Education and Training Institute (LETI), Bangladesh Bar Council.
Current Teaching Areas
- Constitutional Law of the UK and USA, Land Laws of Bangladesh, Law of the Sea, Research Methodology
Previous Teaching Areas
- Human Rights Law, International Law, Administrative Law, Legal History, Law of Contract, Law of Tort, Mercantile Law and so on
- Constitutional Matter, Land Laws of Bangladesh, International Law, Law of the Sea, Human Rights, Child Rights, Contemporary Global and Political Issues.
- Working as a consultant at Dobey International Ltd. for writing and reviewing research report on Underlying Causes and Consequences of Yaba Addiction in Bangladesh invited by the Department of Narcotics Control under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Bangladesh
- Working as member of the Editorial Board of News Letter, Prime University (from 2012 till now).
- Working as member of the Editorial Board of Annual Report, Prime University (from 2017 till now).
- Working as member of the Career Development Centre, Prime University
- Worked as member of Quality Assurance Committee (QAC) at Prime University, (2017-2018) for IQAC (Institutional Quality Assurance Cell), HEQEP, UGC, Bangladesh
- Served as Member of Purchase committee, Prime University
- Member of Rajshahi University Lawyers Association (RULA)
- Member of Rajshahi University Alumni Association (RUAA)
- Admitted and enrolled as Advocate on the Roll of the Bar Council on 26 August, 2006.
Extra-Curricular Qualifications (Prose and Poetry):
- প্রবন্ধ: বাংলাদেশে মামলাজট ও আইনের শাসন, পঞ্চায়েত , ১ম সংখ্যা, জানু:-মার্চ, ২০১৫ পৃ: ৩৮–৩৯।
- Written more than hundred Bangla poems and published on Bangla Kobita, Sahitto Shikha Porishad, Kobi O Kobitar Website. Besides; some poems have been published in various Shwaronika and Souvenirs published in Prime University on the occasion of different occasions.